20 doctors talk about their experience with the low carb ketogenic diet.
PBN INSIDERS: https://plantbasednews.org/insiders
In association with:
The introduction was taken from PlantPure Nation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_i_vp9Vfho
1. De Biase SG, Fernandes SFC, Gianini RJ, Duarte JLG. Vegetarian diet and cholesterol and triglycerides levels. Arq Bras Cardiol. 2007 Jan;88(1):35–9.
2. Saslow LR, Mason AE, Kim S, Goldman V, Ploutz-Snyder R, Bayandorian H, et al. An Online Intervention Comparing a Very Low-Carbohydrate Ketogenic Diet and Lifestyle Recommendations Versus a Plate Method Diet in Overweight Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Med Internet Res. 2017 Feb 13;19(2):e36.
3. Tay J, Luscombe-Marsh ND, Thompson CH, Noakes M, Buckley JD, Wittert GA, et al. Comparison of low- and high-carbohydrate diets for type 2 diabetes management: a randomized trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2015 Oct;102(4):780–90.
4. Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution, low carbohydrate diet, control blood sugars [Internet]. Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution. A Complete Guide to Achieving Normal Blood Sugars. Official Web Site. [cited 2016 Mar 5]. Available from: http://www.diabetes-book.com/
5. Hu T, Mills KT, Yao L, Demanelis K, Eloustaz M, Yancy WS, et al. Effects of Low-Carbohydrate Diets Versus Low-Fat Diets on Metabolic Risk Factors: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials. Am J Epidemiol. 2012 Oct 1;176(Suppl 7):S44–54.
6. de Bock M, Lobley K, Anderson D, Davis E, Donaghue K, Pappas M, et al. Endocrine and metabolic consequences due to restrictive carbohydrate diets in children with type 1 diabetes: An illustrative case series. Pediatr Diabetes. 2017 Apr 11;
7. Noakes TD, Windt J. Evidence that supports the prescription of low-carbohydrate high-fat diets: a narrative review. Br J Sports Med. 2017 Jan;51(2):133–9.
8. Noto H, Goto A, Tsujimoto T, Noda M. Low-Carbohydrate Diets and All-Cause Mortality: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. PLoS ONE [Internet]. 2013 Jan 25 [cited 2014 May 9];8(1). Available from: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3555979/
9. Ranjan A, Schmidt S, Damm-Frydenberg C, Holst J, Madsbad S, Nørgaard K. Short-term Effects of Low Carbohydrate Diet on Glycaemic Parameters and Cardiovascular Risk Markers in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes - A Randomised Open-label Cross-over Trial. Diabetes Obes Metab. 2017 Mar 27;
10. Snorgaard O, Poulsen GM, Andersen HK, Astrup A. Systematic review and meta-analysis of dietary carbohydrate restriction in patients with type 2 diabetes. BMJ Open Diabetes Res Care. 2017;5(1):e000354.
11. Hegsted DM, McGandy RB, Myers ML, Stare FJ. Quantitative effects of dietary fat on serum cholesterol in man. Am J Clin Nutr. 1965 Nov;17(5):281–95.
12. Grundy SM, Barrett-Connor E, Rudel LL, Miettinen T, Spector AA. Workshop on the impact of dietary cholesterol on plasma lipoproteins and atherogenesis. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1988 Jan 1;8(1):95–101.
13. Hopkins PN. Effects of dietary cholesterol on serum cholesterol: a meta-analysis and review. Am J Clin Nutr. 1992 Jun 1;55(6):1060–70.
14. Ference BA, Mahajan N. The Role of Early LDL Lowering to Prevent the Onset of Atherosclerotic Disease. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2013 Apr 1;15(4):312.
15. Kahn HA, Phillips RL, Snowdon DA, Choi W. Association between reported diet and all-cause mortality. Twenty-one-year follow-up on 27,530 adult Seventh-Day Adventists. Am J Epidemiol. 1984 May;119(5):775–87.
16. Orlich MJ, Singh PN, Sabaté J, Jaceldo-Siegl K, Fan J, Knutsen S, et al. Vegetarian Dietary Patterns and Mortality in Adventist Health Study 2. JAMA Intern Med. 2013 Jul 8;173(13):1230–8.
17. Levine ME, Suarez JA, Brandhorst S, Balasubramanian P, Cheng C-W, Madia F, et al. Low protein intake is associated with a major reduction in IGF-1, cancer, and overall mortality in the 65 and younger but not older population. Cell Metab. 2014 Mar 4;19(3):407–17.
18. Song M, Fung TT, Hu FB, Willett WC, Longo VD, Chan AT, et al. Association of Animal and Plant Protein Intake With All-Cause and Cause-Specific Mortality. JAMA Intern Med. 2016 Aug 1;
19. Rohrmann S, Overvad K, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, Jakobsen MU, Egeberg R, Tjønneland A, et al. Meat consumption and mortality--results from the European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition.
20. Djoussé L, Gaziano JM. Egg consumption in relation to cardiovascular disease and mortality: the Physicians’ Health Study.
21. Fung TT, van Dam RM, Hankinson SE, Stampfer M, Willett WC, Hu FB. Low-carbohydrate diets and all-cause and cause-specific mortality: Two cohort Studies.
وقت التشغيل 00:28:02
keto, diet, keto diet, ketogenic, paleo, low carb, carb counting, dieting, plant based diet, plant based news, vegan, vegan diet, weight loss, nutrition, disease, atkins, plant pure nation, carnivore diet, meat eater, keto diet explained, plant based vs keto, versus, doctors, md, dr barnard, neal barnard,